NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER. Folgers® Jingle Contest (“Contest”) begins on or about Noon Eastern Time (“ET”) on 01/30/17 and ends at Noon ET on 02/27/17 (“Contest Entry Period”).
(1) Go to The Folger Coffee Company (“Sponsor”) website at jingle.folgerscoffee.com (“Contest Website”) during the Contest Entry Period and submit an Official Entry registration including your primary valid email address and verify your primary valid email address and then your complete name, address including ZIP code, telephone number, date of birth, and band name (if applicable. and upload a video between 60 and 90 seconds in length displaying an original musical performance of the Folgers Jingle, as defined herein, which must include the complete melody and lyrics of the line “The Best Part of Wakin’ Up is Folgers in Your Cup®” (“Folgers Jingle”) (as provided in the toolkit on the Contest Website) (“Entry”). No more than four (4) individuals may perform in the Entry video. All music and lyrics, including as contained in any background tracks, must be performed by the individuals appearing in the Entry. No individuals may appear in the Entry unless they are performing music or lyrics. The Entry must consist primarily of the Folgers Jingle performance. All lyrics in the Entry must be in English and all Entries must be no more than 300MB in size and submitted in one of the following formats: WebM Files, .MPG, .MPEG4, 3GPP, .MOV, .AVI, .MPEGPS, .WMV or .FLV. Limit up to two (2) Entries per email address. No individual Team Leader or Team Member, as defined below, may perform in more than two (2) Entries and each Entry must be materially different. In the event any individual appears in more than two (2) Entry videos that are the same, or substantially similar, only the first eligible Entry received will be considered and all duplicate Entries will be disqualified. In the event an individual Team Leader or Team Member, as defined below, performs in more than two (2) Entry videos that are substantially different, only the first two (2) eligible Entries received will be considered and all subsequent Entry videos which include that same Team Leader or Team Member will be disqualified.Read More
(2) If the Entry was performed by you and other individuals, include the names, dates of birth, and e-mail addresses of those other individuals (up to three) on the Entry. The individual submitting the Entry will be designated as the “Team Leader” and all additional names listed on the Entry, if any, will be designated “Team Members.” All Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the Team Leader. The Team Leader and Team Members collectively are defined as a “Team” or “Entrant.” The Team must be the sole creator of the Entry video performance, including all music, lyrics, production and other creative elements aside from the Jingle melody and lyrics. If a Team is selected as a Finalist, as defined below, and/or Prize Winner, as defined below, Sponsor will notify the Team Leader only, and Team Leader is responsible for notifying remaining Team Members. Once the Entry is submitted, the Team cannot change the Team Leader or any Team Member. Each Team is solely responsible for its own cooperation and teamwork. In no event will Sponsor officiate or intervene in any dispute regarding the conduct or cooperation of any Team or Team Members.
(3) Entry may not have won a previous award, prize or contest; may not have been published previously; must not be obscene or indecent and the use of the Entry by Sponsor as outlined herein must not infringe upon any other person’s rights. Any Entry submitted that is identical to an Entry previously submitted for a previous Folgers Jingle Contest will be disqualified. Entries that include profanity, inappropriate or explicit language or demonstrate any lewd or sexually suggestive gestures or full or partial nudity, drug or alcoholic beverage use, any unsafe behavior or any other representations deemed inappropriate by Sponsor will be disqualified. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
(4) Company names, trademarks and/or logos other than those owned by Sponsor, music other than the melody and lyrics of the Folgers Jingle (for which Sponsor has granted Entrant a limited license to use for purposes of submitting an Entry in this Contest as set forth above), photographs, artwork, other copyrighted materials and the name, voice or likeness of any person not on the Team (collectively, “Third Party Intellectual Property”) may not be included in any Entry submitted. Any Entry submitted that includes any Third Party Intellectual Property (example: Team Member in Entry is wearing branded merchandise with a proprietary brand logo) may be disqualified if such use is deemed inappropriate, impermissible or illegal, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entries made through robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar Entry duplication method, or Entries made through any third-party website, and to disqualify any individual using such a method.
(5) By submitting an Entry, each Team Leader and Team Member: 1) irrevocably grants Sponsor a royalty-free exclusive license throughout the world to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish in whole or in part, edit, add to, modify, and rearrange the Entry in whatever media, including without limitation, to edit, rearrange, and/or copy the Entry for use in the promotion of Sponsor’s products and services, without further permission, consideration or payment to the Entrant, except where prohibited; 2) warrants and represents that, aside from the Folgers Jingle melody and lyrics, the Entry is entirely the original creation/work of the Team and that use of the Entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights, title, claim or interest of any third party; and 3) certifies that the Team is the creator and sole copyright owner of the Entry. Further, all Entrants must have consented to the submission of the Entry into this Contest and must agree to make him/herself available to travel to and participate in the Finalist Mentoring Session, as described below.
ELIGIBILITY (for Team Leader and all Team Members): This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older who are not: (i) represented under a music recording contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) either at the time of Entry or at any time since 01/30/16; (ii) subject to an acting, modeling or any other contract that would make his/her appearance in the work a violation of any third-party rights; or (iii) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to any guild or union memberships, that would in any way limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display or use his/her Entry, name, likeness or any work that he/she has created for the Contest in any media form, in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without any payment of fee obligations of any kind. The Released Parties, as stated above, including, but not limited to, Sponsor sales representatives, judging agencies, and all other service agencies involved with this Contest, as well as members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse) or households (whether or not related) of any of the above are not eligible to enter the Contest. In addition, any or all previous 2010, 2011 and 2013 Folgers Jingle Contests’ Semi-Finalists, Finalists and Grand Prize Winners are not eligible to Enter. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
JUDGING OF FINALIST DETERMINATION: Eligible Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of judges, including representatives of the Sponsor, and a total of five (5) Finalist Entries (“Finalists”) will be determined based upon the five (5) highest point totals awarded using the following criteria: (i) Creativity/Originality (0-25 points); (ii) Musical Performance (0-25 points); and (iii) Provides an Inspirational Message that is Actively Optimistic, Enthusiastic and Passionate (0-50 points) (i, ii and iii, collectively “Finalist Judging Criteria”). Decisions of the judges will be final and binding on all matters. In the event of a tie, the Finalists involved in the tie will be re-judged by an additional qualified judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate Finalists according to the Finalist Judging Criteria listed above. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion), less than five (5) Finalists will be selected or this Contest, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, may be cancelled or the Sponsor may take such other actions as it deems reasonable in the circumstances. Sponsor will attempt to notify up to five (5) Finalist Team Leaders by e-mail and overnight mail on or about 03/10/17. The Team Leader shall be solely responsible for notifying remaining Team Members. If Sponsor’s notification is returned as undeliverable, that Finalist will be disqualified and the next highest scoring Entry may become a Finalist. Each potential Finalist Team Leader and Team Member(s) will be required to sign and return, no later than 03/17/17, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release. Non-compliance by any Finalist Team Leader and/or Team Member(s) will result in disqualification of that Finalist and the next highest scoring Entry may become a Finalist. By signing and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, each Finalist Team Leader and Team Member(s) agrees to the Finalist Online Voting component of this Contest and each Finalist Team Leader and Team Member(s) agrees to the use of his/her Entry, name, voice/lyrics, hometown and/or likeness/photograph for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, known or hereafter invented throughout the world in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation and agree to a criminal and personal social media background investigation during the Finalist notification process. In the event the criminal background investigation consists of any criminal record, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify that Finalist. In the event a Finalist’s personal social media investigation consists of content found in any social medium that is false or contains misleading claims about Sponsor and its products or services, that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services, or other people or companies; or communicates any message or image that is inconsistent with Sponsor’s positive image and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate or contains content that violates any rule, law or regulation, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify that Finalist. Any music and/or lyrics, including as contained in any background tracks, not performed by any individual appearing in a Finalist Entry will be disqualified and the next highest scoring Entry may become a Finalist. Any Finalist Entry that contains an individual who appears in the Entry and does not perform any music or lyrics will be disqualified and the next highest scoring Entry may become a Finalist. By signing and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted), each Finalist Team Leader and Team Member agrees that he/she will keep his/her Finalist status confidential and will not communicate or announce his/her Finalist status with any individual, media, or networking service until authorized by Sponsor. In the event a Finalist communicates or announces his/her Finalist status publically as stated herein before Sponsor authorization, that Finalist Team Entry may be disqualified and the next highest scoring Entry may be deemed a Finalist.
FINALIST MENTORING SESSION(S): Following selection of the Finalists, each Finalist Team Leader and Team Member(s) must make him/herself available to Sponsor and travel to a city designated by Sponsor on or about March 20, 2017, as designated by and at the discretion of Sponsor, to participate in a mentoring session with Chris Young (hereinafter, “Finalist Mentoring Session”) and agree to have Sponsor videotape the Finalist Mentoring Session (hereinafter, “Finalist Mentoring Session Video”). Each of the up to five (5) Finalist Mentoring Session Videos will be displayed online at the Contest Website at the completion of the Finalist Voting Period for informational purposes only. The Finalist Mentoring Session Video shall not be considered part of the Entry and the Finalist Mentoring Session Video content is not intended to affect the Finalist Online Voting or have any bearing on the Contest results. Sponsor has the right to publish, display, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the Finalist Mentoring Session Video in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter invented, without time limitation and without further consideration to any Entrant associated with the Finalist Mentoring Session Video. Entrants and other individuals appearing in the Finalist Mentoring Session Video may be required to execute a separate publicity release. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to edit, rewrite, redirect or opt not to produce a Finalist Mentoring Session Video for any reason. Further, a Finalist Team each acknowledges and agrees that he/she/they will have no creative or financial involvement or input in the production of Finalist Mentoring Session Video and will not receive any initial or residual payment or compensation for such video production. These Official Rules do not constitute an employment agreement. In the event, for whatever reason, Chris Young is not available for the Mentoring Session, the Mentoring Session will not take place and Sponsor will not provide any substitution or additional compensation for the cancelled Chris Young Mentoring Session. In the event any Finalist Team Member of Finalist Team is not available to participate in a Finalist Mentoring Session in a city designated by Sponsor and/or on dates designated by Sponsor that Finalist Team will be disqualified and the next highest scoring Entry may be deemed a Finalist.
Each Finalist Team Leader and Finalist Team Member will be provided with: transportation to a city designated by Sponsor consisting of round-trip economy class air transportation between a U.S. gateway airport in the 50 United States nearest the Finalist’s residence (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and Sponsor’s designated city, or, if any person traveling on the Finalist Trip lives within 120 miles of Sponsor-designated city, alternate transportation will be provided in lieu of air travel and no cash balance will be awarded and no additional allowances will be made; two nights’ hotel room accommodations (up to two rooms/double occupancy) at a hotel designated by Sponsor; ground transportation between airport and hotel and hotel and Mentoring Session venue; and a check in the amount of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) (“Finalist Trip”). All Finalists will be required to depart and return on dates designated by Sponsor. Finalist Trips are subject to terms and conditions, availability and other material restrictions may apply. No refund or compensation will be made by Sponsor in the event of the cancellation or delay of any portion of a Finalist Trip. All expenses and travel costs not expressly stated herein, including but not limited to, other ground transportation (not stated herein), meals and beverages, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, telephone calls), souvenirs, incidentals, upgrades, baggage fees, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, fees, taxes, or any other expenses, are the sole responsibility of the Finalist Team Leader and Finalist Team Member(s). One (1) Finalist Team Leader or Team Member per room will be required to provide a valid credit card upon arrival for any/all personal incidentals charged to the Finalist’s hotel room. Each person traveling must possess required travel documents (e.g. a valid government-issued photo ID) prior to travel. Sponsor and travel providers shall not be responsible or liable for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services. The Finalist Team Leader and any Finalist Team Member(s) must travel together on the same itinerary. Finalists may not make changes to Finalist Trip itinerary once it has been booked. Trip may not be transferred, sold, traded, or rescheduled.
FINALIST ONLINE VOTING/FINALIST VOTING REQUIREMENTS AND GENERAL RESTRICTIONS: The up to five (5) Finalists will be posted online for public viewing and will be featured at jingle.folgerscoffee.com for Finalist online voting (“Finalist Online Voting”) on or about 12:00:00 PM ET on 03/27/17 through 11:59:59 AM ET on 04/24/17 (hereinafter, “Finalist Voting Period”). Individuals who go to jingle.folgerscoffee.com during the Finalist Voting Period may view the Finalists and vote for the best Entry.
Finalists will be awarded additional points based on their ranking determined by the results of the Finalist Online Voting received during the Finalist Voting Period as follows:
|Finalist Online Voting Ranking
(determined by online votes)
|Additional Points Awarded|
Individuals who participate in the Finalist Online Voting must be legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. At the time of your submission via Finalist Online Voting (“Vote”) you will be required to submit a valid email address and date of birth. An email address may only be used to submit one (1) Vote regardless of the number of persons who share the same email address. Limit one (1) Vote per person/email address per Finalist per Day during the Finalist Voting Period. One (1) person may only submit one (1) Vote per Finalist per Day and may not submit multiple Votes for the same Finalist using different email addresses. For purposes of these Official Rules, a “Day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 AM ET on a calendar day and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET the same calendar day. Voting must be completed by the actual person casting the Vote. An individual may not Vote on behalf of another person. Subsequent Votes for the same Finalist during one (1) Day by a single Voter or email address will be disqualified. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or any other means intended to impact the integrity of the voting process as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’ sole discretion are void. Payment or other consideration in exchange for Votes is prohibited. The process for the Finalist Online Voting is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect/inaccurate Voting information. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend the Finalist Online Voting or void any Vote should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of Voter, or other cause corrupt or impair the administration, security or fairness of the Finalist Online Voting or Contest. If the Finalist Online Voting process is terminated early by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to count the eligible Votes among all non-suspect, eligible Votes received up to the time of cancellation to determine the number of Votes per Finalist in the Finalist Online Voting. The decision of the Sponsor with respect to the tallying of the Votes, and the invalidation or disqualification of any suspected Votes, shall be final and binding.
FINAL JUDGING AND PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION: The number of additional points awarded to each Finalist in the Finalist Online Voting will be added to the total score each Finalist earned using the Finalist Judging Criteria (collectively, “Finalist Combined Score”) and the Finalist that earned the highest Finalist Combined Score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”). The two (2) potential First Place Prize Winners will be determined based on the Finalist Entries that earned the second and third highest Finalist Combined Score (“First Place Prize Winners”). The remaining Finalist Entries will each be deemed Second Place Prize Winners (“Second Place Prize Winners”). Prize Winners will be announced on or about May 8, 2017. In the event of a tie for any Prize, that Prize will be awarded to the tied Finalist for the corresponding Prize level who earned the highest score using the “Provides an Inspirational Message that is Actively Optimistic, Enthusiastic and Passionate” criteria.
PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize consists of $25,000 (divided among and payable by check equally to each Finalist Team Leader and Finalist Team Member listed on the Grand Prize Winner’s Entry); TWO (2) FIRST PRIZES: Each First Place Prize consists of $2,500 (divided among and payable by check equally to each Finalist Team Leader and Team Member listed on the First Place Prize Winner’s Entry); and TWO (2) SECOND PRIZES: Each Second Place Prize consists of $500 (divided among and payable by check equally to each Finalist Team Leader and Team Member listed on the Second Place Prize Winner’s Entry). TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $31,000.00
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the event that any Prize is unavailable. By entering this Contest, all Entrants agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, judges, and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees or representatives from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage (including but not limited to property damage, personal injury and/or death), claims, actions, costs and expenses (including without limitation, all attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with any Prize or resulting from participation in this Contest or from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any Prize or participation in any Prize-related activity or use by Sponsor of the Entry in any manner. In the event any Finalist Team Leader or Team Member is an eligible minor under applicable state law, the parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all required documents stated herein. Submission of a Contest Entry will constitute and signify the Entrants agreement and consent (or that of a parent or legal guardian if Entrant is an eligible minor under applicable law) that the Sponsor and/or the Sponsor’s assignees may use the Entry, name, photograph, likeness and/or Prize information for promotional purposes in commerce and in all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed without time limitation and without further compensation, except where prohibited. Submission of a Contest Entry will constitute and signify the Finalist Team Leader and all Team Members’ consent to participate in media interviews (broadcast, print) as directed by Sponsor. Submission of any Entry constitutes the Entrant’s (or his/her parent’s or guardian’s) consent to irrevocably license exclusively to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Entry, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights. All Prize winners are solely responsible for any local, state, or federal taxes on Prizes. If, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned by any cause which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, or if due to any technical, production or other error, more Prizes are claimed or awarded than are described in these Official Rules at any Prize level, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and determine the winners from eligible Entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. No more than the number of Prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. By entering, Entrants agree and consent: (a) that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and (b) to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Cleveland, Ohio.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, such Entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e‑mail address submitted at the time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e‑mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e‑mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e‑mail address. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or non-delivered Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Contest Website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Contest Website. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds may be tampering with the entry process or operation of this Contest or Contest Website, may be acting in violation of the terms of the Website or the Official Rules or may be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Any attempt to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ENTRANTS’ ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM/UPLOADING TO AND OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURSIDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
WINNERS LIST: For the names of Prize Winners, available after May 8, 2017, visit jingle.folgerscoffee.com, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to: The Folgers Jingle Contest Winners List, c/o Centra360, 1400 Old Country Road, Suite 420, Westbury, NY 11590. Requests must be received by 08/31/17. Winners list will be available after all Winners have been verified.
Sponsor: The Folger Coffee Company, One Strawberry Lane, Orrville, OH 44667.
©/® The Folger Coffee Company.